The essentials that everyone should adhere to in order to boost leads and improve conversion rates are conducting keyword research, optimizing your website, monitoring the outcomes, and making adjustments to your approach.
The use of embedded videos and video schema markup can both significantly improve your SEO. But none of that is the topic of our conversation today. Instead, I’ll go over how to use SEO for video transcripts.
This Englewood SEO Company strategy improves your visibility and is much more important in the modern era when video marketing has become so prevalent online.
Most marketers that were surveyed understand how crucial employing video marketing is, 91% of companies utilize video marketing, and 96% say it’s an “important part” of their overall marketing plan, according to a study.
Accessibility is another factor that makes video transcripts so important, but we’ll talk more about that later. Let’s limit our attention to SEO for videos for the time being.
SEO and Video Transcripts
There are many ways that SEO helps to increase the visibility of your website. Transcripts, in the first place, open up your video material to a wider audience, including people who are hard of hearing, deaf, or who choose to watch videos without sound.
Looking for a technique to get search engines to index your videos? Next, include transcripts. They provide the information you’re presenting context and allow search engines to crawl your video material. Additionally, you can view your indexed videos in the video indexing report from Google Search Console.
If readers don’t want to view an entire video, they can utilize transcripts to skim content and grasp the important ideas. This can boost interaction and the SEO of your video transcript.
On your website, transcriptions can be used to create internal links. Are your transcriptions complemented by material that adds value for the visitor? Link to it afterward to keep visitors on your website longer.
You can use the helpful keywords and phrases found in transcripts to optimize your videos and raise your position in search engine results. According to Sendible, evidence reveals that captions can increase video views by an astounding 80%. Additionally, crawlable content provided by closed captions increases the likelihood that your content will be indexed by search engines.
How to Get Started With Video Transcription
As we’ve shown, your site may benefit from SEO for video transcripts. But where do you begin?
Manual transcription, which involves just entering the information word for word, is one cost-free technique. Of course, while this is the option that is easiest to obtain, it is also the choice that takes the longest. You must edit and format it flawlessly in addition to simply typing it.
You’ll be happy to know that there are alternative techniques available to you if the manual option doesn’t appeal to you, such as:
- Numerous smartphone apps are currently available for transcription-related uses. Otter and Trint are two of the top smartphone transcribing apps.
- For YouTube long-form content, live videos, and Shorts, speech recognition software generates automatic closed captions. Since the captions are AI-generated, you should review them before publishing.
- You can use programs like Dragon Naturally Speaking to record audio for transcripts, but you’d still need to format, edit, and proofread the final product for your video transcripts to get the most out of SEO.
- Just two websites that let you do transcriptions are Descript and oTranscribe. Descript offers paid options as well.
- If you have Chrome, you can utilize Google’s voice typing service for nothing. Open a document, choose “Docs,” pick “Tools” from the top menu, scroll down to “Voice Typing,” and then wait for the microphone icon to appear to begin using it. When you click the symbol, you can begin dictating. Click the microphone button once again to complete the transcription.
- There are a variety of speech-to-text application programming interfaces (APIs), including Deepgram and Amazon Transcribe. When you join up for Deepgram’s Pay-As-You-Go service, you receive a free $200 credit, and new customers of Amazon Transcribe receive 60 free minutes per month for the first year.
- For a more hands-on approach, you may even use video editors like Adobe’s Premiere Pro. Transcribing your video is the first step; after that, use “create captions” to add captions to your timeline. Export the captions as burned-in subtitles or another file type once you’ve completed editing. The monthly minimum for plans is $20.99.
The Best Ways to Use Your Video Transcripts to Improve SEO
Apply some best practices to your video transcript SEO after you have the appropriate tools in order to increase your visibility.
You can apply the following recommended practices to make your video transcriptions SEO-friendly:
- Include pertinent key phrases and keywords. If your website is about aging well, for instance, you may include “tips for aging well” or “advice for aging well.”
- Sprinkle different words and phrases throughout the transcript, but refrain from filling it with keywords. An unfavorable ranking factor is the habit of introducing too many keywords without the appropriate context.
- Whenever feasible, start sentences and paragraphs with your keywords. To assist you in finding keywords, use a service like Ubersuggest.
- Verify the transcript’s accuracy in comparison to the audio track and correct any mistakes.
- Use a variety of long-form, secondary, and primary keywords.
- Increase the effectiveness of your SEO video transcription efforts by turning the transcriptions into blog pieces, case studies, infographics, etc.
Transcripts for Accessibility
You should employ transcriptions and closed captions with your video for reasons other than SEO for video transcripts.
You can disseminate your message farther if more people can view your stuff. The millions of individuals with hearing impairments or who are listed as d/Deaf benefit from the availability of transcripts.
There are other statistics I could quote here, but to give you some context, 25.4 million Americans have some degree of mild hearing loss. Making your material accessible will help you to widen the door for those individuals.
Websites must be accessible under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Transcripts are a tool for ADA compliance.
There are specific rules for when your media needs a transcript, even though there is some disagreement about the precise nature of legal responsibilities. If you’re unsure of your obligations under the law regarding accessibility, I’d advise you to seek professional counsel
Like MTB Digital Marketing.
Have you made up your mind about using video transcripts for SEO yet? If not, allow me to remind you of its advantages.
By making video transcripts available, you can improve your SEO in a number of ways, including by improving search engine indexation, ranking, and link-building chances.
Nevertheless, adding video and SEO to your transcripts can do much more than just increase your site’s visibility. Additionally, they offer improved accessibility for those who have hearing impairments and for those who would like to watch content with the level set down when in public.
As part of your entire online plan to spread your material, you can make the most of your online video content by using video transcripts for SEO.